Friday, March 23, 2007

p,m,b-colloquium


Politics is not an easy thing. Politics is one of the crucial professions for me because it’s not easy to handle a country and the people. Politicians have the chance to die early. There is a big responsibility if people are into politics. Sometimes, I’m wondering why people kept on committing their selves in politics. I don’t think that all politicians have a good intention in serving the Filipinos. At present, only few people are willing to serve our country with all their heart. Corruption is in, and I guess, that’s the big problem with some of our politicians. Their main concern is for their own good and not for the people.
I’m so proud of Hon. Jay Sangil, Councilor in Angeles City, because his main concern is the welfare of the Kapampangan. One of my classmates asked that why he is running for councilor again. He answered that he is just a simple person. His main concern is to serve the people in Angeles City, which I think is true. If he really wants to serve the people, positions are not that important.

I believe that our country is still resourceful because many foreigners are here investing and having their business. Despite of the problems of our country, foreigners still choose to have their business here because people are accommodating and our country is rich in agricultural resources.

I’m so proud of the policemen and women because despite of the danger they could face, they’re still there hanging on. They could die anytime and anywhere. Sometimes do not see their worth. What other people see is the negative things about them. Being a police is never an easy thing and having a profession as such simple means, bravery.

I’ve learned that it’s really hard to invite guest speakers.

photo from www.yahoo.com








2 comments:

lawdenmarc said...

"Pissing politics; milking the media and beating business are the contemporary bitches of reality"


Cuts like a knife, my avowal above is true.
Why is there corruption? Monkey business? Libel? Name them.
These pessimistic feats we hold in our thoughts
Dance like a pendulum with a muted trumpet and unmoving tongue.
Where is the cheese in justice?
And the roasted burgers of freedom right off the grill?
I must be eating now.
I must be free now.
Let there be love.
Let there be art.
Let there be peace.
Let there be silence.
Let there be creativity.
Let there be me.
Let there be you.
Let there be us.
Let there be hope and a star.
And let me die peacefully in the bar.

ronah_26 said...

I would like to comment on the last part of your blog entry. Yes, it’s really hard to find guest speakers. We just experienced the same. My guest speaker didn’t actually make it on time (if you noticed). He said he would send people who could represent him to talk about military. So it happened. He came when his representatives were almost done with the discussion. But I’m still thankful that he was able to cover up his tardiness (hehe! I know I’m not supposed to say this but he’s my uncle anyway).

There was even an instance that I got so annoyed with this classmate of ours who kept on smiling while my guest speakers were talking. I really felt disappointed with him.