Wednesday, February 14, 2007


I’m the 2nd eldest among the five children. My elder sister has her own job and family. My elder sister and her son are living with us. My parents are working too and my nephew is being taken care of by the maid during the week days. The jobs of the maid are to clean the house, wash the clothes, look after my nephew and feed him. I’m the one who’s responsible for his bath, vitamins and many more. Most of the time his with me and sometimes I feel like I’m his mother.

My nephew is sleeping with my parents. Everytime my parents go to work, they ask me to sleep beside my nephew. Around 10 am, I have to bathe him because I have my class at 12 noon. I’m also responsible in cleaning him up before sleeping at night and in brushing his teeth. I’m also responsible with the assignment of my twin brothers. Before dinner, I see to it that their assignments are done and checked if their answers are correct.

Of course I do have responsibility with my studies and self too. I have to do my assignments, projects, reporting and so many requirements. These requirements of mine are not that easy. Sometimes it will take me a 2-3 sleepless nights before finishing it. Though it’s difficult, I’m still enjoying my studies. I also see to it that I have time with my friends though sometimes I don’t go with them because I have something to do at home.

My parents are only asking us to finish our studies, that’s why I’m striving hard to finish my studies and see them happy. My elder sister didn’t finish her study that’s why my parents are looking forward on me. I want to see my parents happy and I don’t want to disappoint them. The biggest fear in my life is to disappoint my parents and see them crying because of me. I love my parents more than myself.


I love it when my family asks help from me. Everytime they ask help from me, I feel like I have the purpose in our family and in the world. I’m overwhelmed everytime my family asks me to do something for them because I feel that I’m trustworthy.

How I wish time runs fast so that I can overcome all these worries that I have. I have a lot of responsibilities in our family and I have nothing against that. I love helping my family though sometimes it’s tiring. Most of the time, people say that I will not get marry because I’m so devoted with my family. Sometimes I see myself giving up with so many problems in school but I just have to fight because I have my goal. My main goal in life is to see my parents proud of me because I’m graduating and that to see them proud of their selves because after all the sufferings and hard works they did, finally, I’m graduating.

I wanted to give back to my parents the love, sufferings, care and hardships that they gave us, specially me. I’m not vocal about my feelings and I’ m not showy too. People may see me dry but deep inside I’m not. I just can’t express myself. I don’t like my family to see me crying, hurt, giving up, worried, unhappy because I don’t like to see them worried about me.

I’m just an ordinary person living in an ordinary world. I often cry all by myself because of so many problems. I have problems that people wouldn’t know. I have problems that my family & friends do not know. They may see me laughing at all times, cheering up other people but deep within me, there’s something wrong. Anyway, I can handle myself. I’m not saying that I don’t need them it’s just that I’m used to it. I’m used to solve my own problems. I’m used to keep my problems only to myself.

I love my family. They give me strength and courage to go own with my life. They are my inspiration. Everything I do is all for them. üüü

1 comment:

gean nazer said...

i could relate to tinay's article because i also do have this cutie nephew..

i consider my nephew my angel. Since the time he was born. my life rslly changed a lot. my life became more wonderful. if i have problems, i just look at his face and my problems will fade out....

since his parents were abroad. my nepheew is staying with us. we share the same bed. we eat together. it's just like i am his dad.. pero syempre sustentado kami :)

bach to tinay's article... i agree that tinay is s responsible person.

she is one of the responsible creature i have ever known. i have known her for three years and i have discovered that she is a nice daughter and a sister. she does not want her parents to be upset,, that is why she always do goos things for her parents to be proud of her.

tinay... continue what you are doing and someday... ikaw naman ang papasayahin nila..:)